With some types of insurance, you may never meet with a client in person. With other types, such as life insurance, this is often times necessary. Although you may not be thrilled about taking the time to meet a prospect in person, there are many benefits of doing so.
In the past, you may have shied away from these meetings. Rather than go down this path in the future, you should embrace face-to-face conversations. Even if this is not something you want to do, it is something that could greatly improve your business.
Below are five benefits of meeting with an insurance lead in person:
1. Easier to present your material. Let’s face it: it is much easier to give a sales presentation in person than it is over the phone. When sitting face-to-face, you have the consumer’s undivided attention. This is your time to shine. This is your time to show the prospect why you are the best agent for them.
2. Develop a personal relationship. No matter what you are selling, achieving success is all about developing a relationship with the buyer. You may be able to do this over the phone, to a certain extent, but when you meet in person it is much easier. There is nothing more powerful than a good handshake and eye contact. Once you develop a relationship, your chance of making a sale is much greater.
3. The ability to hand the prospect information. In today’s day and age, it is so easy to email information that many agents overlook the importance of actually handing somebody a hard copy. Don’t let your business get so caught up in technology that you overlook this simple task. There is something to be said for leaving technology behind at the appropriate time. This is particularly true if the consumer is “old school” and would rather deal in person and with tangible items.
4. You have a much better chance of closing the sale. Simply put, some consumers are not going to purchase a policy until they meet you in person. You can have as many phone conversations as you want, but unless you meet face to face you are never going to close the deal. Once you have an in person meeting, the prospect can decide once and for all if you are right for them. There is no more guesswork involved.
5. Easier to follow up in the future. If you are not lucky enough to close the deal in person, you will find it much easier to follow up with the prospect down the line. This goes along with #2 above. Once you establish a personal relationship, it is easier to pick up the phone to contact the buyer.
If you are going to work as an insurance agent, there will be times when you will need to meet with a prospect in person. Don’t avoid this. Instead, embrace what it can do for your business.
With these benefits in mind, you should be excited about scheduling face-to-face meetings.